Mastering The Instrument Landing System (ILS)
Fly The ILS Like A Pro!
An instrument landing system (ILS) is a system that provides precision lateral and vertical guidance to an aircraft approaching and landing on a runway.
- Using a combination of radio signals and, in many cases, high-intensity lighting arrays the system enables an aircraft to make a safe landing.
- Sadly, some people think that the ILS takes over the control of the aircraft and the pilot does nothing really to ensure landing.
- The pilot maintains full control over the airplane for the entire approach.
- Of course, the autopilot may be slaved to follow either just the localizer, or both the localizer and glideslope, or the pilot may hand fly the approach.
- In both cases, the pilot is in control.
- This short course explains this and more in full detail
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1,5 hours
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes